“Soft skills are the hard skills.” (Amy Edmondson, Harvard University professor)
According to People Skills, 80 percent of people who fail at work do so because of a lack of social skills. This is especially true of new hires and millennials who have grown up in the digital world and may not have had an opportunity to learn effective business communication.
Soft Skills is the best communication skills training guide because author Dekker Fraser provides real world experience as an employee moving up through successful businesses using effective business communication. He also gives advice for business managers learned from the best leaders at companies such as Kraft and Baxter. Fraser is a prominent leader in soft skills development, having learned communication skills at top business schools including Northwestern and Columbia, and in many leadership workshops. Your instructor was a VP of Marketing and held numerous prestigious positions at top companies and startups.
In this valuable communication skills workbook, you will learn proven methods that can be effectively applied around the world by both employees and supervisors:
- The 2 ways coworkers and supervisors evaluate you and how to ensure that they like you and feel comfortable working with you
- The 5 most important interpersonal skills for the modern office and how to quickly develop your social interaction skills in these vital areas
- The 3 biggest barriers to effective business communication and proven methods for overcoming those challenges
- Ways to be likable and listen to others, while still achieving your goals for job promotions and leadership positions
- Steps to develop effective leadership and collaborative leadership skills for supervisors in order to encourage teamwork and employee collaboration in diverse workplaces
Now, you can learn to feel comfortable and have fun at work, while contributing as a productive member of your team in the workplace, just as your instructor has learned and applied these principles for over a decade of success in the business world.
Learn communication skills…
- Business communication
- Communication techniques
- Winning with communication
- Email writing
This course will teach you the fundamental soft skills needed to survive and get ahead in an office environment.
Learn how to:
- Gain power and get promoted
- Resolve conflicts
- Negotiate deals
- Write persuasive and polite emails [email writing]
- Talk on the phone
- Persuade people
- Manage up, down, and sideways
- Navigate office politics
Click on the “buy now” button
I was a Division Director in Toastmasters and a Global Marketing Manager at Sony, two positions that relied heavily on soft skills. I was also a VP of Marketing and held numerous senior-level positions. I’ve done countless leadership training programs and received an M.B.A. from a top-5 U.S. business school.
soft skills | personality development and soft skills | soft skills training |soft skills courses | communication skills | business communication | communication techniques| winning with communication | leadership
Who this course is for:
- Office workers