Great leaders can be many things, but they can only be measured by one criterion – the performance that they influence through others.
In today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous workplace, it’s not enough to be a manager. You must truly learn how to be a leader – someone who influences and transforms how others feel about themselves and the work they do.
Your leadership behaviour has the greatest impact on the people you lead and your team. This will impact the productivity and the motivation of everyone. It affects the effort that people are prepared to contribute. The more they contribute, the more successful the team will be.
Become a leader in your workplace by harnessing the power of the six leadership styles:
- Directive – securing immediate compliance
- Pace-setting – accomplishing tasks to high standards of quality
- Affiliative – creating harmony
- Democratic – getting everyone’s commitment and generating ideas
- Visionary – providing long term vision and direction
- Coaching – long term professional development
There is no right or wrong leadership style – the most effective style will vary depending upon the demands of the situation.
Effective leaders use these styles in the right measure and at the right time to create a positive, energising work climate for their teams.
Understanding the six leadership styles, you will be able to:
- Determine how to adapt your style to be an effective leader
- Identify daily practices that will enable you to shift your style to do the right things, at the right time, in the right circumstances and with the right people
- Recognise how each style of leadership plays a crucial role in influencing others and leading a company to success
Leadership is not something you’re born with, it can be learned.
Whether you have been recently promoted to a leadership role, have an interest in being promoted to a management position, or are simply looking for the next step in your career, you probably have or will find yourself asking, “How can I understand what to do to become a good leader?”
This course will introduce you to the six leadership styles of effective leadership and how to adapt them to influence others, lead effectively, work with different types of people, and create an engaging team environment.
The course also includes practical strategies for you to consider to increase the use of each style and to tone down the use of each style. Putting these into practice will help you to be more flexible in your approach as a leader.
The interactive practical activities within this course will help you to define your preferred style of leadership. By completing these practical activities, you will be able to
- recognise your preferred leadership style
- identify what you need to do to tone down the use of this leadership style at critical times
- determine which leadership style you need to increase to have the greatest success
- choose the actions and behaviours to develop the use of this leadership style
- assess how to become more comfortable using all the styles of leadership for specific work scenarios you’ll face as a leader
There is a challenging quiz based around a range of leadership situations .
You are going work through a range of typical scenarios / case studies that leaders experience in business.
The series of questions gets you to consider all the leadership styles and to choose the style that will give the best outcome and the best chance of success.
You’ll walk away from this course able to communicate powerfully to your colleagues, develop effective relationships, and improve the overall performance of yourself, your team and your organisation.
Take action and learn how to harness the power of using different styles for effective leadership today!
Recently, the course has been hit with a number of low ratings without comments, which affect the overall course ratings. Constructive feedback is always welcome. I have recently upgraded and rerecorded many of the lessons to improve the overall quality, so far this has not been reflected in the ratings.
All PDFs are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update – December 2020
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in an organisational role that involves leading, influencing and developing people.
- Anyone leading people at work, running a club, or a starting a new business.
- Anyone who is in a management role and who is keen to develop their leadership qualities.