Some basic drawing skills
Paper and pencils
A drawing tablet
An art software such as photoshop or procreate
Tap into an imaginative new career in character design
We’re delighted to be able to offer our most comprehensive character design course. 100% online, our curriculum provides clear and straight – methods for creating your dream characters.
Character design is a fun and flourishing skill and can forge a lifetime career. The ability to create a character and then bring it to life through personality and circumstances is in high demand in an age where strong content is vital for successful advertising and promotion. Aimed at beginners, our unique online course will teach you the principles and technical expertise necessary to tap into this high-income market.
During the three modules of this course, you’ll learn to create original and captivating characters through the process of drawing and design in the digital software called Procreate. Although you can easily translate what is taught over to the traditional method or with any other digital creative tool you have.
What you’ll learn:
During this first module, you’ll learn the basics of character design including:
Module 1 – Drawing
Having mastered the basics, this second module will show you how to refine your character using:
Module 2 – Design
• Reference points
• American style vs Anime style
This module features exercises to help you perfect your design.
Our final module will show you how to make your character leap off the page and will cover:
Module 3 – Portfolio
• Expression sheets
• Action sheets
• Character illustrations
On completion of our course you will have:
• A clear understanding of the principles of character design
• Acquired the technical skills needed to create captivating characters
• Acquired visual communication skills
• Developed the ability to place your character in different settings and situations
What you’ll need:
An up to date web browser
An up to date version of Java
Strong internet connection
Who is this course for?
Anyone who has a keen interest in character design in 2-D. This is aimed at both beginners and intermediates.
- Students ready to learn and work hard
- Students wanting to add a new skill to their digital art tool belt
- Student looking to learn how to design characters
- Some basic drawing skills
- At some point, you will need to have access to some art software.
- A drawing tablet is very helpful at some point you need one.
- Paper and art pencils
The duration of this course is: 5 hours and 26 minutes
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn how to draw
- People who want to learn how to create characters
- People who want to learn how to illustrate